Nothing irks a person more than a big shiny pimple popping up unexpectedly in the middle of a skin care regimen. A pimple breakout always makes you uncomfortable, making you acknowledge its presence every second of every day. You’ve now gone on the internet to google “how to get rid of pimples”. Unfortunately, the solutions you saw don’t act fast enough. You’ve got that party tomorrow and you want to look as best as you can.
Not to worry. This article details everything you need to do to get rid of pimples fast. But first, we have to know exactly what a pimple is and what causes them.
What is Pimple?
Also known as zits or spots, pimples form a part of acne. They form when sebaceous glands i.e. oil glands become clogged. When oil glands get clogged, they are prone to infection which causes swollen red lesions on the skin that are filled with pus. Eew.
Although puberty occurs mostly during puberty, anyone can have them. Teenagers are most prone to pimples, but women may experience pimple breakouts during their menstrual cycle. These red swollen spots love to attack the face, chest, shoulders and back; due to the presence of many sebaceous glands in these areas of the skin.
Acne vulgaris which is the major cause of pimples plagues 80% of teenagers. For people older than 25, it affects roughly 3% of men and 12% women. Dreadful things.
Types of Pimples? We’ve got the whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules, nodules, and cysts—each having its own symptoms, and each one worse than the other. To you, a pimple is a pimple. And you want nothing more than to get rid of them and enjoy a flawless complexion again. But what causes these bad boys? What are exactly are pimples on face reasons?
Causes of Pimples
The main underlying cause of pimples is when pores get clogged with dead skin, which catapults to infection and inflammation. This leads us to the factors that cause pimple breakouts:
- Excess oil production: The reason why pimples love making appearances on your face, forehead, shoulders, chest and upper back is that these areas of skin have the most sebaceous (oil) glands in the body. So if you have very oily skin, you should consider doing something about it.
- Hair Follicles Clogged by dead skin Cells: Because hair follicles are connected to oil glands, two things may happen. One, the follicle may bulge and give birth to a whitehead; or two, the plug may cave in, expose itself to radicals, darken and produce a blackhead. More often than not, the pore is packed with bacteria and oil all at once which makes it brown when exposed to air
- Bacterial Infection: Where dead skin cells impeded the breathing capacity of a pore, bad bacteria starts to grow. The bacterium takes its time and feeds off the dead skin cells and then creates a substance that irritates the skin. This substance causes skin inflammation and spots. Although bacterial infection could cause outbreaks, pimples are not contagious. You cannot contact pimples from someone else.
Asides from these grounded causes, there are other factors that may worsen pimple breakouts when they appear. These pimples on face reasons are:
- Hormonal Increase: During puberty, a certain hormone called Androgen increases in boys and girls. Androgens are responsible for swelling the sebaceous (oil) glands which produce more sebum. Also, the low volume of androgens in the blood can also worsen acne. In addition to that, hormonal imbalances due to pregnancy or use of oral contraceptives can also cause pimple breakouts.
- Medication Side Effects: Some drugs have side effects that cause pimples. Examples of these drugs are drugs composed of testosterone, lithium and corticosteroids.
- Dietary Factors: What you eat almost always translate to how you look. Certain carbohydrate-rich foods like bread, bagels and chips can worsen acne. Studies have gone as far as to indicate chocolate as a pimple culprit.
- Fatigue and Stress: Not getting enough sleep. This can cause and worsen an acne breakout.
How to Get Rid of Pimples
Pimple breakouts can be annoying, we know. But before you take any drastic measures, you need to take a moment to consider your strategy. If you are unsure about what to do and where to start, then you can follow these tips to get you started:
- Use Products Formulated with Pimple Deterrents
There are two important active ingredients that help get rid of pimples. The first is Benzoyl peroxide; the second Salicylic acid. Okay, what do these do anyway? Benzoyl peroxide helps kill bacteria that cause blemishes. A lot of skincare products designed for acne has this component. Salicylic acid, on the other hand, exfoliates and sheds dead skin off the surface of your skin. They appear in many face washes, creams facial scrubs, serums, etc.
- Stop Touching Your Pimple: Believe it or not, touching your pimple will only worsen the case. We know it’s hard to resist the urge to touch your face when you have a pimple. But it’s important that you do. You see, your hands come in contact with so many dirty objects through the course of the day. The last thing you want to do is spread that bacteria onto your skin. So make the habit to not touch your face today
- Don’t DIY: One very bad advice which you should never follow when treating your pimple breakout is using toothpaste. This doesn’t work, at all. It’ll only irritate your skin more.
- Wear a Sunscreen: To fully facilitate the function of your skincare products, you need to protect your skin from sun exposure. Being out in the sun too long can leave black spots when your pimples finally clear. You don’t want that.
The fastest way to get rid of pimples is to use products that are actually meant to cure breakouts. Our Marti Derm products are specially designed to get rid of pimples at a very fast rate. Never again do you have to worry about clogged pores, inflammation, scars and pimple breakouts. Have a quick look at our products.